Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything, A Little piece of Heaven

Hello everybody! I'm back after a loooong break from this =)

Well anyways, guess this is the first blog in almost 4 mths and it feels like there's soooooo much to update, so I'll just do the minimum.. hehe... So buckle your seat belts! It's gonna be a loooong ride =)

LiShi Camp
The first ever LiShi Camp!! So glad that I'm part of this =) felt great to be able to 'hang-out' with ppl we don't normally talk to in church... Think the planning committee did a great job in organising the activities and making it a point to 'force' us to interact with everyone at the camp =)

Thai Missions Trip
It's technically my 2nd time going to Thailand with the church but it's my first mission trip there though cos the previous time's just kinda a recce trip so we didn't reach out to the ppl there... but this time's different! we're actually there to teach the kids english, organise camps, provide medical support, and nonetheless, spread the gospel through the village evangelisms =)

Loved my class of P5s at Nong Kae... they are just sooo adorable! especially Sai, my fav gal ;P

but anyways, think cos they've not experienced the city life before, they're contented with what they have.. there's not much entertainment there as you'd expect but they still enjoy the simple life they lead... In them, I see the goodness in the simplicity of life... there's just so much less to worry about when you are away from the numerous 'needs' and 'wants' that are ever so prevailent in the modern city...

God provided us great support from the church members too... they are humble in all that they do and very fun people too =) gonna miss all of them... someday I'll be back =)

Congress in Statistics and Probability
This is a 1 week long event held at NUS in July... thought I'd want to figure out what I can do with stats and prob which is why I signed up in this event... little did I know that it's actually an event for PHD students and professors in this field.. but well, it's good to do some networking too eh? hehe... you can say that I don't understand almost all of the lectures that were presented.. haha.. but the $200 I paid didn't really go to waste cos there were 2 BIG reception dinners at the start of the event where they served great food and drinks =) that's where you get to taste the best of singapore food =) the lunches and tea-breaks are also very well provided for... so if there's anything for me to take away from this conference, it's the food ;) haha..

At the end of the event, I sorta tagged along a Jap student and a prof cos they wanted to see the Merlion at Sentosa... Brought them to have lunch at a place that's uniquely singapore, the Kopitiam =) Ordered Tom Yam noodles, Bak Kut Teh, Dumplings, Roasted pork rice, Fried Kway Teow, Teh Chino and stuffs =) guess those are things that they don't usually get to eat yeah? 

In Search of Grace
It's a long time preparing for this event but think Gabrielle did a great job in bringing everything together in this event =) first was the song selection to go with the idea of the 4 Spiritual Laws.. then was the numerous reehearsals to get each individual song in shape... it wasn't an easy feat cos we usually hold our practices on thursdays, where En Li and Vivian have to go for Discipleship class... but well, guess it's always the dinner after practice that we look forward to =) hehe.. anyways, once again, Gabrielle did a great job in putting up the slides... guess she spent lots of her time outside her work to find the pics and stuffs.. not to mention the clip in the middle of the presentation which depicted the life of Jesus during His ministry..

At the end of the day, think it all went well though there were some glitches and imperfections during the actual presentation, we can only say that it's only be the grace of God that we are able to present the gospel in this way... And I know that we gave nothing less than our best during that day... who knows, the seed that we sowed this day may 1 day grow into a big tree which provides a shade for us instead =)

AOB
Well, that's about all the major events that's happened thus far... But emotionally wise, it's been a great roller-coaster ride... In the lead up to my departure for Germany, there's lotsa meet-ups with lotsa friends, and not to forget, family too =)

I just want to do what I can for the ppl around me when I'm at least physically around.. but I guess sometimes, I neglected my family quite a bit... tried to make it up in the last few days before my departure and thankfully, it'd not be possible if my mum didn't take her off days... she helped a lot in packing the stuffs into the bag and weighing them, making sure that the bag doesn't exceed the 30kgs given to me... and daddy brought me on numerous trips to Sim Lim for computer accessories which always ended up with us making more trips there... 

Thank you daddy & mummy for being my support all these while... Know it's difficult for you to let go but you just kept silent and supported me in all my preparations... thank you so much =)

And to my 2 big sis, thanks for making life at home so colourful =) and also for the inflight-entertainment that you've got me =) thanks for bringing me blessings from everyone =)

And to God, thank You so much for knitting our family so close together through this.. through this, You let us know how to rely upon You more... through this, we know that you are the Head of the house and may we be ever loving and ever caring in this family...

To all my friends whom I managed to meet up, thanks for your time.. the Army guys, 04S21, SFC, mission trippers, samantha, mengsy, mei yi, yuan tying, jun yong, li juan, fiona, may, jian en, xiao en, sharon, zhi jing, songxuan, CG17, and many many church ppl =) appreciate all the support and blessings from you guys =)

To my friends, whom I didn't manage to meet up, I should be back within the coming year. So, if God willing, we'll meet then =) 

To Pastor LiXin, thanks for the many many great advice that you've given... you have indeed been a great mentor to Us... thank you so much =)

"O'Lord, into your hands I lift my friends and my loved ones.
That You may watch over them each and every part of the day,
and that You may keep them safe each and every step of the way.
To Your's be the Glory, forever and ever.Amen."

No comments: