Friday, February 15, 2008

Still Trying...

Yeah.. Surprise!!

Just had a BIG lunch at some Teochew restaurant at Shaw Centre... Think my only 'job' there is to eat and listen to life experiences (in hokkien, which I don't really understand).. Try eating with 5 moms and 1 dad on the same table for lunch and you'll understand what I'm trying to get at (don't get offended Moms and Dads.. nothing personnal... Actually I like listening to stories =))

Yesterday's Valentines.. yeah.. Valentines?? Yeah??
Are we living in such a systematic society that we have to set a day to love our family and friends? Do I hear objections? Please write in to me, if you have my address.. It'll take 3 working days to process and I'm in no ways obligated to reply... yeah... you get the idea ;)
I work like IN town so I do get to see many couples on the street when I'm at the bus-stop.. and people going around selling flowers to couples... and more couples walking around.. and more people selling flowers.... and even more couples.. flowers... couples... flowers...... yeah... you get the picture... it's not that bad actually...

But, how many actually still realises that it's still the period of the Lunar New Year? do you? Think it's just natural for us to look forward to things.. It's like New year's over, what's next? Valentine's over, what's next? Good Friday's over, what's next? Labour day's over, what's next? Weird, do we say "Happy Valentines" on the 15th of Feb? Or "Merry Christmas" on the 26th of Dec? Chances are we'll say "Happy New Year" than "Merry Christmas" on the 26th Dec.

When will we ever stop and look back at all the good times and bad times that we've had? When someone we cared for is not with us anymore? Or worse, someone who cared for us whom we take for granted.

Let's take this day (everyday in fact) to give thanks to God for all those we love and love us.

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

*fio said...

haha welcome to the world of blogging!! =))

tying said...

agreed!
haha happy valentines then=]